About This Site
The Kislak COVID-19 Resources is a rapid response Jekyll site from the Libraries' Jekyll Working Group, focused on documenting available resources from special collections at University of Pennsylvania Libraries, including:
- Kislak Center for Special Collections
- the Library at the Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
- Schoenberg Database of Manuscripts
- The Schoenberg Institute for Manuscript Studies
We have designed this project so that faculty, staff, professional researchers and the broader public can continue to access our materials during this time.
The site will serve as:
- an historical archive that documents updates to databases, repositories, online exhibits, and other digital projects during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- a resource to help faculty and students continue to enhance their teaching and research during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- a tool to continue our mission of using technology in innovative and meaningful ways towards making our collections accessible.
last updated: April 1, 2020
All Penn Libraries locations, including Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center, are closed until further notice. All events scheduled to take place in Libraries spaces have been cancelled.
- Access to all physical materials has been suspended until further notice. Given current restrictions on staff access to Libraries locations and offsite storage, we’re unable to provide any access to our physical collections. We’re not able to Scan and Deliver texts or mail physical copies of books at this time. As most of our partner libraries are likewise closed, many interlibrary loan activities, including Borrow Direct and E-ZBorrow, have been suspended.
- All access to special and non-circulating physical collections has been suspended. This includes access to items held by the Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts.