This website hosts resources for teaching and learning provided by SIMS, the Schoenberg Institute for Manuscript Studies.
Content and Organization
- Here you will find repositories of Digital Primary Sources and Manuscript Metadata
- Here you will find Tools to help you further your manuscript research or present it to others
- Here you will find Resources to help you learn more about manuscripts
- Here you will find online Exhibits related to SIMS materials
Guided by the vision of its founder, Lawrence J. Schoenberg, the mission of SIMS at Penn is to bring manuscript culture, modern technology and people together to bring access to and understanding of our intellectual heritage locally and around the world.
We advance the mission of SIMS by:
- developing our own projects,
- supporting the scholarly work of others both at Penn and elsewhere, and
- collaborating with and contributing to other manuscript-related initiatives around the world.